[nmglug] Upgrading RAM

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Oct 26 12:17:40 PDT 2022

Hi All

I have an Asus F505ZA, 15.5" laptop running Ubuntu 20.04. It seems to
choke when I am using several apps and browser tabs open and just stops
responding. I have to do a hard shutdown and reboot. It came w/ 4GB RAM
and I thought that upgrading that would help so I have a 16GB stick to
install into the expansion slot. I've done this on several laptops as
well as replacing SSD and HD. The most difficult was my old TiBook but I
succeeded. However, Asus made adding RAM not an easy thing as evidenced
in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lyEEAZdYwo  and I am not
confident about doing the job so I'm looking for a guru to whom this is
easy, to install the RAM. I'll pay for the time. Anyone interested?

Hope all of you are safe and protected!

Best

Brian