[nmglug] yt-dlp updating working on one debian, but not another

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Thu Aug 31 18:06:35 PDT 2023

Not yet resolved, but your ideas were somewhat helpful, Mark.

Here are the results on len4, where the yt-dlp update was successful:
ll at len4:~$ type -a yt-dlp
yt-dlp is /usr/local/bin/yt-dlp
ll at len4:~$ /usr/local/bin/yt-dlp --version
2023.07.06
ll at len4:~$

Here are the results on leno, not yet working:
ll at leno:~$ type -a yt-dlp
yt-dlp is /usr/bin/yt-dlp
yt-dlp is /bin/yt-dlp
ll at leno:~$ /usr/bin/yt-dlp --version
2023.03.04
ll at leno:~$ /bin/yt-dlp --version
2023.03.04
ll at leno:~$

Additionally, it was nice to dive in and learn more about the CLI type
command, info
at https://www.howtogeek.com/426014/how-to-use-the-linux-type-command/
I enjoyed learning this.

On the topic of why yt-dlp is not working and not updating, it looks
like I got a bit more info, but I don't know how this info can be
helpful.

Any ideas for where to go from here?

In gratitude,
LeRoy
--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us.
I am the Love of God, no matter what.BSA