[nmglug] Active while Inactive;

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:16:20 PDT 2023

NMGLUGers, I have made two posts to the "Latest" tab on the NMGLUG
<http://nmglug.org> website. I am using an experimental, liberated school
edition Chromebook running Xubuntu. It works, but only up to a point.
Oddly, it also could not connect to my email from a public/cafe connection.
I will continue to investigate that issue. Same unit, connecting now at
home.
Anyway, my conclusion is this is a one-trick pony, by which I mean it
works, but it does not work fully. Details in my two brief write-ups. The
unit is nicely portable, but until I figure out just why I cannot be doing
email away from home it shows its limitation all too clearly.
Hope your projects are interesting and have better outcomes.
Thank you, Ted P.