[nmglug] Time to resign,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 10:57:45 PDT 2023

NMGLUGers, I think it is time for me to resign my active membership in the
GLUG. Although I keep computing, I am no longer breaking new ground and not
interested in being the hobbyist I once was.
Oddly though, I am still doing some things. I am writing this on Xubuntu,
Gnu/Linux installed on a former student  11 inch Chromebook(tm). The
conversion removed all of the former OS after borrowing a script to rewrite
the boot system with SeaBios or one of the other Coreboot varieties.
Instructions are found at MrChromebox dot tech or other pages on the 'net.
No major glitches, no major issues. I am limited by the emmc chip on the
board - 16 Gb, but it works.
Nice to have a really functional terminal and man pages and such. As well
as the freedom to choose my applications and modifications. Used student
C-books are cheap because the support for each hardware is only 4 years. A
real waste of resources and trash producer for the landfill.
I may try to be present at this weeks meeting, I will have nothing to turn
in and the recent discussions have gone beyond my level of activity, but it
is fun to listen.
Be well, Thank you, Ted P.