[nmglug] Time to resign,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 06:12:45 PDT 2023

NMGLUGers, Thank you, life goes on and change happens. I am not quitting
computing, not yet. I am just letting you know I am not necessarily going
to be at meetings or trying new things too often. The Chromebook adventure
has been interesting and fun. I now have a really portable, and rugged,
little machine. I am all for FOSS myself, but see that seniors are taking
other routes to the Internet - phones and tablets, eg. The personal
computer is interesting, but no longer the cultural item it was 20 years
ago. And I am no longer up to dis-assembly of a tower for fun and
education. I will still provide free replacement of software on laptops
seniors may have problems with. The stream of this is now a trickle.
You active members will have to take over the posting of comments, the
"Latest" tab on the website. And any other edits. I was never fully
competent with some parts of notices. In general my activity is less, which
is fine and natural. I'm just letting you know.
I may make one more post about the Chromebook conversion. That seems to be
a success. I cannot take a lot of credit, I made a good enough choice of
hardware and found the technique on the web. I am always glad to prevent
the waste of hardware and glad for the extended support of strangers from
the web.
Be well, thank you, Ted