[nmglug] yt-dlp updating working on one debian, but not another

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Fri Sep 1 10:32:51 PDT 2023

Not resolved yet, but a bit more info.

Here are the results on len4, where the yt-dlp update was successful:
ll at len4:~$ dpkg -l yt-dlp
dpkg query: no packages found matching yt-dlp
ll at len4:~$

Here are the results on leno, not yet working:
ll at leno:~$ dpkg -l | grep -i yt-dlp
ii yt-dlp 2023.03.04-1~bpo11+1 all downloader of videos from YouTube
and other sites
ll at leno:~$

Additionally, I got more familiar with dpkg and grep
from https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/pkgtools.en.html and
 https://www.howtogeek.com/496056/how-to-use-the-grep-command-on-linux/

Here's the situation:
The most recent version, 2023.07.06, is working on len4.
However, the old verion, 2023.03.04, on leno, results in the http 403
forbidden error and fails to download any videos. Until recently, yt-
dlp was working on both.

How can I get yt-dlp to work again on leno?

In gratitude,
LeRoy

--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us.
I am the Love of God, no matter what.BSA