[nmglug] Cloning again

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:25:37 PST 2024

Greetings, Brian.

You write "clone".  What do you mean by "clone"?  Are you using cp, rsync,
dd, something else to create the clone?

A slightly different approach ...

If you are going to go through the trouble of cloning a hard drive ( e.g.
imaging using dd ), you might want to consider moving the installation into
a virtual machine ( VM ) and having the image be on the 1TB drive.  VM's
are not a panacea for every use case, but they sure have some nice
features: isolation, snapshotting, reverting, suspending, multiple OSes
running at the same time, IaC, etc.

Regards,
- Robert