[NMGLUG] website project --and function of 'Reply'

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Fri Oct 10 15:34:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 16:25, Gary Sandine wrote:
> Heh.  I have taught myself that "reply to all" replies to a list, while
> "reply" replies to message sender.  I left it at the Mailman (mailing
> list software) default to begin with; the list administrator can change
> this.

And then "reply to all" replies only to the list when I reply to my own
message (like this), while it replies to sender and CCs the list when I
reply to the post of another.  This is tough because if another is
subscribed to the list already, another gets two e-mails, unless I
manually edit To (removing another's e-mail address) and move Cc (list
address) to To.  That seems sub-optimal, versus reply to list setting
that makes "reply" reply to list, which is almost always the intent.
Hm.