[nmglug] the 'tilt scroll wheel'

Sam Noble sam.noble at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 15:48:32 PDT 2004

So work bought a bunch of these MS wireless mouse keyboard combos.

The mouse have these silly scroll wheels that are supposed to 'tilt' and
scroll 'scroll wheel style' only horizontally, like for extra wide web
pages or spreadsheets.

Anyone have any idea if this can be made to work to in GNU/Linux? I've
been googling for it but can't find diddly.

I can't get xev to display anything when I tilt the mouse back and
forth. And of course I won't be particularly disappointed if it never
works. But I'd prefer to know that it's impossible rather than just
wonder.