[nmglug] Now the Wireless,

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Mon Apr 19 15:39:10 PDT 2004

I gave up again after downloading and burning  6 cds of the latest
unstable Debian and findinog out that the installation disk #1 wont even
boot in the laptop (inspiron 2650)
So went back to Fedora (this time Core 1) and everithing went fine, (so
what)
The problem is I have a no-branded broadcom pcmcia wireless card, so I
had to go to linuxant.com and download a trial mode for a soft that
takes the driver from windows and uses it on Linux. this will expire in
20 days or so.
I purchased and orinoco gold 8470 11b/g.
But now I am stuck again, I cant find a way to load the driver, (which
is supoused to be in the kernel ??)
any help?
Thank you.