[nmglug] Now the Wireless,

Anthony Martinez pi at pihost.us
Mon Apr 19 15:45:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 04:39:10PM -0600, Andres Paglayan
carved this out of pure phosphors:
> I gave up again after downloading and burning  6 cds of the latest
> unstable Debian and findinog out that the installation disk #1 wont even
> boot in the laptop (inspiron 2650)
> So went back to Fedora (this time Core 1) and everithing went fine, (so
> what)
> The problem is I have a no-branded broadcom pcmcia wireless card, so I
> had to go to linuxant.com and download a trial mode for a soft that
> takes the driver from windows and uses it on Linux. this will expire in
> 20 days or so.
> I purchased and orinoco gold 8470 11b/g.
> But now I am stuck again, I cant find a way to load the driver, (which
> is supoused to be in the kernel ??)

b/g cards usually use either the madwifi chipset or the prism54g chipset. Google
for one of those.

> any help?
> Thank you.

printk("CPU[%d]: Giving pardon to imprisoned penguins\n", smp_processor_id());
        2.4.8 arch/sparc64/kernel/smp.c