[nmglug] Caveats to using a 12" Powerbook as a GNU/Linux laptop?

Sam Noble sam.noble at comcast.net
Thu Apr 29 10:15:42 PDT 2004

So after Mondays 'episode'
http://sam.noble.home.comcast.net/nohood.JPG
http://sam.noble.home.comcast.net/notrunk.JPG
I'll be replacing my company laptop. (take a close look at the passenger
side windshield to see a nice impression of my old laptop's edge)

I have some latitude in what I replace it with. But after being in
Baillio's the other day I'm tempted by the uber-cute 12" Powerbook.
I think I can finagle the price difference out of either the insurance
co. or my management. But I've never had a mac, or a tiny laptop before.
And I wanted to hear you folks input on whether it's a stupid idea or
not.

So all observations are welcome, concerns that come to mind for me are:
1.viability of MacOS as secondary OS in comparison to XP here in an all
Windows + anything I'm using environment.
2.Usability of super-tiny 12" form-factor
3.Cost-prohibitiveness of accessories (mini-dvi to VGA adaptor comes to
mind)
4. Scariness of non-x86 platform

Thanks guys.