[nmglug] Caveats to using a 12" Powerbook as a GNU/Linux laptop?

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Thu Apr 29 15:24:28 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:05, Sam Noble wrote:

> How good is MacOnLinux,

It's great.

>  is it pretty feasible to fire up OSX and use a
> native browser for difficult sites?

Very much so.  Here too, though, it's sometimes about 30 days (tops from
what I have seen in 1.5 years or so) between major OS X update and when
it will function properly in mol.

> The busticated laptop was 1024 only also, which is what I usually use.
> And I went to Baillio's at lunch and typed on the keys a bit, they seem
> big enough... and very pretty :)

And the iBook itself looks a fair bit like a toilet seat cover, which
good for a joke now and again (and again).

--
Gary Sandine <gars at laclinux.com>