[nmglug] Caveats to using a 12" Powerbook as a GNU/Linux laptop?

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Thu Apr 29 21:51:11 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 22:15, Larry W.Wood wrote:

> Why would you need to run another OS other than MacOSX?

I was using OS X in my iBook for a while (about 3 weeks) after I got
it.  I found myself spending more and more time attempt to create the
GNU/Linux environment I prefer as best I could within OS X, following
the path you detailed (I am sure it has improved since I tried it).

It began to feel like I was spending way too much time working on this,
and I stopped using the iBook and switched back to a PC full time
(except for periodically using Adobe Illustrator, which is why I bought
it).  Once I learned I could use Debian in it (or one of a few other
distributions), I did so, and I like it again now that it runs my
preferred environment without having to spend time making OS X behave
the way I like.

That's why I run something other than OS X in my Mac.