[nmglug] Caveats to using a 12" Powerbook as a GNU/Linux laptop?

Sam Noble sam.noble at comcast.net
Fri Apr 30 10:01:42 PDT 2004

For what it's worth...

> Why would you need to run another OS other than MacOSX?

Because I have no interest in running a propietary OS :)

Also it appears that the 12" PB's all have nvidia graphics for which on
ppc there is only the 'nv' driver. I also have no interest in an
expensive laptop which won't have accelerated graphics.

I spent about a minute thinking about the ibook, and realized that _the_
thing interesting me in the mac was the fancy packaging. So the fact the
toilet-seat cover was not appealing to me means I'm probably better off
with an x86.