[nmglug] PCMCIA Wireless Cards

Anthony Martinez pi at pihost.us
Wed Aug 11 07:53:38 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 07:50:13AM -0700, WA7BSZ
carved this out of pure phosphors:

> Anyway, now I have an opportunity to contemplate getting a wireless
> card that is good for Linux.  I see Orinoco is liked.  Where could I
> get a good wireless PCMCIA card for Linux for not too much?  Orinoco
> silver verses Gold?  Something better than Orinoco?  What brand
> Orinoco?

I'd use an Orinoco Classic Gold - the newer ones use a strange chipset that may
or may not have linux support. Also, I like the 200 milliwatt cards from
Engenius. They use the HOSTAP drivers, but can also be used in station mode.
They have high power and recieve range.

As for where, i'd check out EBay.

> Kim

printk("Illegal format on cdrom.  Pester manufacturer.\n");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/isofs/inode.c