[nmglug] PCMCIA Wireless Cards

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Wed Aug 11 08:34:06 PDT 2004

I bought the last orinoco gold, it cames with Atheros chipset, and
Proxim does not support Linux at all.
there is a beta driver for it -madwifi-, there are not rpms (few but are
very kernel specific) nor apt-gets , you need to compile the module,
... I am still learning how to have it running.
I should have checked for some that has full Linux support first,
I would recommend to check for supported cards first and shop after.