[nmglug] Fast X Distribution for older hardware.

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 14:50:56 PST 2004

I'm fairly new to Linux so the term potato is unfamiliar to me.  I'm actually
in the middle of Debian/Sarge install right now.  I really do like the new
installer.

Is Potato the same as the Debian 3.0 installer?

I tried WindowMaker on the desktop on my very first debian install.  Having
come from a Microsoft windows background I was very confused with how it
worked, how to place icons on the desktop, etc.  I almost gave up on trying
linux until I found KDE which renewed my interest.

I would be very interested in learning WindowMaker if I could find a tutorial
online other than the dry man pages and such.

Thanks!

Tim