[nmglug] highmayhem festival plannings...

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Tue Jul 20 15:49:16 PDT 2004

yeah, yeah,
I am one of those idling, but I promise it is because my wife doesn't
allow me to take a break until I finish the (her) garden.
I cannot help with icecast since I don't know it and don't wish to learn
it before October, but I'll be happy to burn CDs on demand at the kiosk
with my machine if needed.
btw, I am about to patent the sleeping position with the right ear on
the pillow, so all of you who rest tilted on right side and use a pillow
should pay me.
My understanding is that very broad patents are not prospering as they
holders want. From groklaw: "Patents when they are very narrow can be
programmed around. If a patent is very broad, you have a shot at getting
it declared invalid."
I don't believe they can hold a patent that stops you from burning a CD
the copyright holder wants to.

--
Andres Paglayan
andres at paglayan.com
Ph: (505) 986-1561
Santa Fe, NM USA

Open Source is like Love. The more you share it the better it gets.