[nmglug] highmayhem festival plannings...

Kevin Karns kkarns at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 30 06:38:17 PDT 2004

Joe wrote on  Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:02:49 -0600

> we are able to seek grants and of course donations. Grants are easier to
> get if it is for a specific project. If we had a budget and some wordage
> about an on line down loadable archive we could peruse a grant to fund
> it. Let bring this up at the next glug. it that tomorrow?

Joe,

Highmayhem's grant protential sounds promising.

In the nearer timeframe, however, I'm planning on building a multi-burner system that I can
loan out (libre+gratis) to highmayhem when you guys need it.

My goal will be to run four simultaneous burning sessions using the K3B client software.

I've already got a few adaptec 29160 scsi controlers and scsi HDDs laying around, so,
all I need is the following, which i hope to piece together for under $600.
The IDE burners are substantially cheaper than the SCSI equivalents, so I'm using
SCSI for the HDD.

    libre+gratis GNU/Linux O/S    $0
    libre+gratis GNU/software     $0
    libre+gratis music            $0
    new motherboard & cpu       $150
    new case                     $30
    ram                         $300
    Four IDE CDR 52X burners    $120
    gigabit nic			$100

Someone correct me if I'm making any incorrect assumptions.
Let freedom ring!