[nmglug] highmayhem festival plannings...

Sam Noble sam.noble at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 07:52:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 07:38, Kevin Karns wrote:
> My goal will be to run four simultaneous burning sessions using the K3B client software.
>
> I've already got a few adaptec 29160 scsi controlers and scsi HDDs laying around, so,
> all I need is the following, which i hope to piece together for under $600.
> The IDE burners are substantially cheaper than the SCSI equivalents, so I'm using
> SCSI for the HDD.
>
>     libre+gratis GNU/Linux O/S    $0
>     libre+gratis GNU/software     $0
>     libre+gratis music            $0
>     new motherboard & cpu       $150
>     new case                     $30
>     ram                         $300
>     Four IDE CDR 52X burners    $120
>     gigabit nic			$100
>
> Someone correct me if I'm making any incorrect assumptions.
> Let freedom ring!
Cool Kevin.

I have a full-tower ATX case and 1 52xCDR that I was planning to use for
the festival, but your plan is considerably more organized than mine at
this point. So consider those two available. Also that case currently
has in it, a Celeron 366/500 (I'll check which sometime) and 'some ram'
(probably 2x128 pc133) Which are of course crap, but equally available.
There maybe an (13GB?)IDE HDD in there too, (though the back of my mind
says that maybe I swiped it and that's why I haven't turned that system
on in months.)
So if you want 'em they're there.
sam

--