[nmglug] Some GUI should run on 32 MB, shouldn't it?

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 04:03:46 PDT 2004

I think the minimalst approach should work for you.  I once installed debian
3.0 with fluxbox and windowmaker on a Pentium 90 with 32MB of ram.  It was
slow as a dog but it worked.  I was able to surf the web and such.  Have you
tried running a knoppix CD and installing from there?

I've not tried it myself but I've heard a lot of success stories with folks
getting a linux system up and running with the autoconfigure magic that
knoppix performs.

Tim Emerick