[nmglug] Howdy,

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Mar 12 12:25:34 PST 2004

I would suggest a Los Alamos Computers brand.

http://www.laclinux.com/en/Start

Guaranteed compatible, it comes with Linux installed and configured. Can't get
smoother than that.

Mars

Andres Paglayan wrote:

> Hi All,
> It was very nice to meet you all yesterday at SFBC, and I can't wait to
> get my laptop converted.
> Meanwhile, a question.
> I need to purchase a second white box for another Linux project at the
> office. (we'll be expending around $300 for an AMD based system. Just
> motherb, cpu, mem, hdd, and case)
> Any recommended motherboard brand, model, and/or chipset to make things
> smoother?
> Best regards,
> Andres.

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. Electrical Engineers.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com