[nmglug] Howdy,

Will Pearson wpearson at mail.sfps.k12.nm.us
Fri Mar 12 14:40:30 PST 2004

For a server based system, I'd stick with an Intel based NIC. Intel in
general has really good Linux support, that way you can be certain that
Linux will install cleanly without searching for drivers and installing
them.

Further, get a 'current' distribution of Linux. Redhat, Mandrake, SuSE,
Debian, etc, etc. That way driver support is better guaranteed.

--
+---------------------------+------------------------------------------+
|William Pearson            |       "My computer crashes too!"         |
|Pager# 505-820-8488        +------------------------------------------+
|Technology Resource Center |  "The tree of liberty must be refreshed  |
|Santa Fe Public Schools    |    from time to time with the blood of   |
|                           |  Patriots & Tyrants" --Thomas Jefferson  |
|"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin       |
|"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World |
|War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." --Albert Einstein      |
|"The purpose of war is to decide who has justice on his side, the     |
|looser is the guilty one" --Lucan                                     |