[nmglug] samba,

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 15 11:19:53 PST 2004

Here's another suggestion: If you are working now to get Samba
configured and running, and your network is not yet connected to the
internet or otherwise at risk, save yourself some aggravation by turning
off iptables until Samba is working as you'd like.  It's so much easier
to get a complicated service like Samba working if you don't have a
firewall to contend with at the same time.

-Ed