[nmglug] High Mayhem

js at jasonschaefer.com js at jasonschaefer.com
Wed Nov 10 23:48:09 PST 2004

Josh

Sorry I missed the nmosug meeting. Perhaps John and yourself would like
to visit nmglug in Santa Fe? We do meet every other Thursday at the SF
Baking Co. the next meeting is always posted on nmglug.org.

The High Mayhem music festival streaming went fairly well. The first day
we had some technical difficulties so we were only able to stream Sat
and Sun. Once everything was worked out ices2 (client) and icecast
(server - icecast.org) worked perfectly. Of course we were streaming ogg
vorbis and a few people had issues, mac users in particular (itunes).
Not many people were interested in the booths. Saturday night we had a
few people stop by and we burned them Fedora or Knoppix depending on
their needs. The highlight was streaming live, at the booth, for all to
hear:-) Even though the booth was not very successful, we did get
recognition as a group and bring attention to Free software. I still get
remarks and questions from musicians and fans about our role in the
festival. It was exciting to work with like minded
musicians/artists/technicians who recognize the benefits of freedom and
being "open".

-Jason