[nmglug] Re: [NMLUG] Absorb NMLUG into NMOSUG

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Nov 12 15:33:07 PST 2004

Sarang wrote:
> I'm on both the NMLUG and NMOSUG mailing lists, and have noticed that NMOSUG...

I'm on all three NMLUG, NMGLUG and NMOSUG mailing lists.

I noticed that the NMGLUG
* meets EVERY two weeks
* Built a public access GNU/Linux terminal that gets constant use and exposes many to GNU/Linux
* Hosted a meeting with Richard Stallman
* Provided the equipment and manpower to stream the High Mayhem Music Festival on the internet.
* Is working with the New Mexico Solar Energy Association to build a new GNU/Linux based web/email/ecommerce server.

NMGLUG was created as an off-shoot from NMLUG.

Considering all this, and all the good that is coming from one organization splitting into two, I propose that the
NMGLUG, NMLUG and NMOSG each split into at least two organizations each.

I suggest we act more like Replicators than Borg.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com