[nmglug] stupid question #1

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Mon Oct 25 15:32:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 16:16 -0600, Andres Paglayan wrote:
> I don't get the part were the isp has to forward the port, my
> understanding is that qwest has all ports open,  I will call them anyway
> to check that up,

I think doing

$ telnet 1.2.3.4 80

or

$ telnet 1.2.3.4 22

from a box in your LAN might be good for "actiontech setup"
troubleshooting, because all traffic should be contained in your network
(unless the actiontech sends from inside destined for its external
address 1.2.3.4 to the gateway, then they come back or are filtered at
the gateway or ISP router).