[nmglug] Wireless PCMCIA Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0

Dave Nystrom wdn at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 2 11:00:37 PDT 2004

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0.  I
would like to set it up so that I can have wireless internet access at home.
At home, I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router.  I have two wireless PCMCIA
cards.  One is a Netgear Wireless PC Card 32-bit Cardbus WG511.  The other is
a Proxim Orinoco Silver 11 a/b/g Combo Card.  Does anyone know if it is
possible to get either of these cards working on my laptop running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3.0?  If it is possible, can anyone point me to any How To
information?

Thanks,

Dave Nystrom			email: wdn at lanl.gov
LANL X-2			phone: 505-667-7913	fax: 505-665-2227