[nmglug] Questions About Dual Booting From A USB Drive

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 12:29:30 PDT 2005

The Linux piece sounds pretty easy.  I would suggest just installing a
Knoppix based distro as that will detect the different hardware settings and
adjust accordingly.

Windows XP is a little more difficult because the key is based on hardware
installed on the individual machine.  You could need as many as 3 separate
installations of WinXP (one for each PC)...that's assuming you're doing
everything legit.

The data partition I would definitely do Fat32.  That will offer the most
interoperability between the linux os and the windows os.

Good luck!  Sounds like a heck of a project.