[nmglug] smartd errors??

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Thu Apr 7 14:27:42 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 07:51 -0700, Tim Emerick wrote:

> Thanks for the insight on the heat problem though.  I might buy one of those
> HD coolers I've been eyeballing at compusa...just for fun ya know.  Yeah, I
> know.  I'm a wild and crazy guy.

I've a tower case.  I moved the drive to a mount where nothing is above
or below it, and left the knock-out open on the front of the case so
there's more air-flow.  I found that to be better than adding yet
another fan to it.  It's an older dual P-III with variable speed CPU
fans, the power supply fan, and a relatively loud case fan.  When the
CPU's take off, they sound like a jet.