[nmglug] smartd errors??

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 07:51:48 PDT 2005

It's pretty hot actually.  In an old HP low profile type desktop case.
Apparently Maxtor has a utility called PowerMax to analyze the disk that I'm
going to run.  After some extensive tests, it will return a code that tells
me if the drive is damaged or not.

Thanks for the insight on the heat problem though.  I might buy one of those
HD coolers I've been eyeballing at compusa...just for fun ya know.  Yeah, I
know.  I'm a wild and crazy guy.

Tim