[nmglug] openmosix cluster update

Sam Noble sam at laclinux.com
Tue Aug 2 15:13:12 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:01 -0700, Tim Emerick wrote:
> I've been thrashing around trying to get openmosix running on a Debian box
> when I remembered this posting.  I've actually gotten the kernel to compile
> but am having troubles getting the openmosix userland tools since it's
> sitting in unstable and I'm in testing.
>
> I RTFM the APT-HOWTO regarding mixed systems (
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-default-version)
> but got a little confused with /etc/apt/apt.conf.  There was an existing dir
> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ which confused me a little bit.  Can anybody shed any
> light?

The 'hip new thing' with config files is to have a whole directory named
<oldconfigfilesname>.d from which all files within get concatenated and
act as (or often in addition to) the original <oldconfigfile>

So imagine each file in there is part of apt.conf

I think the important part for what you want to do
is /etc/apt/preferences