[nmglug] chmod knoppix

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Sat Aug 13 11:59:42 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 06:51 -0600, a_kaluta wrote:
> Does is work to take the Knoppix39.iso sitting on my computer make it
> executable and utilizing its inherent tidying ability to locate and repair
> the lost CD-ROM thusly becoming a patch until I learn enough to know what
> the heck is going on with the CD-ROM?

You've got a chicken and egg problem.  You have to burn the image to a
CD and boot it in order to use it.  You can't get the job without the
experience and you can't get the experience without the job.

You should ask a nearby member of the LUG to burn a copy of that ISO to
a CD for you.

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at laclinux.com>
Los Alamos Computers, Technical Support