[nmglug] Debian server questions

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 16:17:23 PST 2005

I'm trying to set up a headless samba / sshd debian server and have a couple
of questions.

1. Can I manage the debian packages on this server using a remote synaptic?

2. I don't like exim.  I really don't need any mail services on this machine
other than allowing different system accounts to be able to email me their
auto generated stuff like status/logs/error messages, etc.  These would/could
go through the SMTP server already on my lan.  Any suggestions?

Thanks