[nmglug] Installing apt on RH8

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Wed Jan 12 10:24:58 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 08:46 -0800, Tim Emerick wrote:
> Here
> are the files I've downloaded so far and the dependency errors I get when
> installing.  Thanks in advance to any advice anybody can offer.

My best advice is to replace Red Hat / Fedora with Ubuntu / Debian.  :-)

Have you tried obtaining the apt-rpm source package, installing the
build-depends, and building a copy against libraries that are already
installed or easily obtainable now?  You could then use it to bootstrap
to the Feedoorah repository.