[nmglug] cybermesa dsl

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Jul 1 15:27:54 PDT 2005

Ken Long wrote:
> Can you elaborate on the difficulties with the Actiontec? I'm
> thinking of switching my mother from dial-up to Qwest DSL because the
> Qwest 256 is only a few dollars more than the MSN she has now.
>
> Ken

I had one of the older Actiontec 1520 routers. I had lots of trouble trying to get it configured to do port forwarding.
It also crashed regularly and needed to be rebooted.

The first one failed and Qwest sent me a replacement which is a newer model. This one does not give me near as much
trouble. It still does not do port forwarding quite right.

If your mother is not running web and email servers, the Actiontec is probably going to be OK.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com