[nmglug] ftp over vpn,

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 8 08:01:49 PDT 2005

I tried vpnc out again and the vpnc-connect script did set up routing
correctly and it was reflected in the output of 'route'. Also the 'tun0'
network interface was created, a virtual kind of interface I suppose
(support for which is in default Debian kernels, I've read).

But your 192.168 address indicates that NAT, network address
translation, is involved and I don't have any experience with NAT and
VPN's.  I'm pretty sure the Cisco client supports it, but I don't see
anything in the vpnc docs about it.  Maybe there lies the rub?

-Ed