[nmglug] desperately seeking fsck help

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Wed Jul 27 10:49:24 PDT 2005

Amigos, I'm recovering data from a disk for a friend.
This disk has problems, but for the most part is OK.  The main
problem that fsck completes and reports there are still
errors.  Then sometimes it tries to restart, but those times
the restart fails because somehow the disk becomes "unhinged"
from the scsi bus (it's a firewire disk) until I unload
and reload the ohci1394 module.

If anyone has any deep knowledge of fsck, could you give me
a buzz at 989-7397 to brainstorm?  There's a treat to a good
lunch in it for you.