[nmglug] Knoppix on a stick

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Thu Jul 28 13:52:10 PDT 2005

Sam Noble wrote:
  > I don't know if it still qualifies as a 'project' if you do it this way
> since the work is all done.
> But DSL (www.damnsmalllinux.org) has this all set up. If you have a fat
> partition on the pendrive, you just get the dsl-1.3.1-embedded.zip file,
> unzip it onto the fat partition, and then install the syslinux boot
> sector.
>
> $ wget ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/damnsmall/current/dsl-1.3.1-embedded.zip
> $ pmount /dev/uba1
> $ cd /media/uba1
> $ unzip ~/dsl-1.3.1-embedded.zip
> $ cd
> # syslinux -s /dev/uba1

This sounded too easy. I tried it but no worky.

It gets as far as saying "syslinux 2.11 ..."

Then after a long time it says boot failed.

Mars
J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com