[nmglug] apache2 marvelously mysterious

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Wed Jun 1 11:28:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 15:48 -0600, a_kaluta wrote:
> Thanks for your response,as base information I do not have a clear
> concept of how,apache2 is put together,"A Definiitive Guide
> Apache2"O'Reilly addresses apache 1.3.  I have not found clarity
> elseware.
>
> So,I have been trying to deduce its structure through a few hints. i.e.
> looking at the default settings of  /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.
> their the document root is /var/www/html.

Sound like you are using a Debian system (an excellent and savvy
choice).  When there is documentation with a package, it is generally
found in /usr/share/doc/PKGNAME.  Looking in /usr/share/doc/apache2, I
find a README.etc file that explains the /etc/apache2/ directory layout.

The Apache documentation is in the apache2-doc package, and can viewed
at the URL http://localhost/apache2-doc/manual/.

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at laclinux.com>
Los Alamos Computers, Technical Support