[nmglug] Using Media Bay Devices In Dell 600m With Fedora Core 3

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Thu Jun 9 16:40:05 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 15:27 -0600, William D. Nystrom wrote:
> Will pmount allow me to how swap devices in the media bay such as the
> media bay battery, a CDRW/DVD combo drive, or a media bay hard drive?

Probably not.  It's for mounting hotpluggable media drives, CD/DVD
media, and floppies.

What is the 'media bay'?  I would assume that's like a removable drive
slot in a laptop, and it requires that you reboot the machine in order
to swap the drive in it, at least in Linux.  (there may be a way to do
it using hibernate and the fake ide hotplug driver; I've not learned to
do this yet)

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at laclinux.com>
Los Alamos Computers, Technical Support