[nmglug] hardware packaging

bill york iago at pobox.com
Mon Mar 7 15:36:47 PST 2005

It's probably more of a misunderstanding about what it takes to support
linux. for mac and peecee users, "supporting" means endless calls from
moronic users. In Linux's favor and to its detriment, a lot of "regular
users" don't use it -- the marketing divisions of manufacturers probably
know this so they figure you will buy and try if you're interested. why
bother with the non-hobbyists, they won't be using linux anyway.

sounds like an uphill battle from every direction.