[nmglug] openmosix cluster update

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 16:59:35 PST 2005

Long but hardly tedious.  I'm encouraged by the steps you went through.  I
got hung up trying to follow the Debian specific HOWTO steps from the
openmosix website.  http://howto.x-tend.be/openMosix-HOWTO/x441.html

Having the wrong kernel kinda threw me off.

As for the transferring the systems dd image, would knoppix work?

I'm a bit of a Ghost fan myself but that's fodder for flame war so it would
be best to not go there.

I've been buying some pretty cheap P3-933 Mhz PC's from tigerdirect.  Here's
a link if you (or anybody else) are interested.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1157240&CatId=336

and

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1157241&CatId=336

Thanks for the walkthrough though.  I'll be studying it this weekend.

Tim Emerick