[nmglug] "Mailman"

a_kaluta akaluta at zianet.com
Mon May 2 13:58:38 PDT 2005

Dear Glug;
Concerning "Mailman"; to complete creating the sitelist I must edit
"/etc/mail/aliases (or equivalant)...".
Not quite that easy. so using "find / -name 'aliases'" and
"locate aliases". and further searches among the dark canyons of
"Google".The best choice seems to be "/etc/aliases" ,now that list is the
result of running "eximconf.'' upon opening theprogram,the occuring warning
discouraged me from proceeding.
The preamble to "/etc/aliases" states that the site admin. may modify the
list.
So does anyone have any suggestion that I might correctly proceed entering
in "/etc/mailman", items i.e.
mailman;   "| /etc/mailman/mail/mail/mailman post mailman".
mailman-admin; "| /etc/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman" ....
(my "Mailman location /etc/mailman rather than /usr/local/mailman.)
Do any of the membership have experience with "Mailman" and the correct
location to populate the
 "## mailman mailing list" thank you,Anthony Kaluta