[nmglug] installing openoffice 1.1.4 in straight debian?

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Sat May 21 07:39:31 PDT 2005

Amigos, I looked around on how to get ooo 1.1.4 in straight debian.  I
found the page:

http://openoffice.debian.net/install.html

and its neighbors, but I cannot get the procedure to work for me.

The pages mention that (a) 1.1.4 is available in experimental instead
of unstable, and (b) that there is a set of mirrors that one can use
to install openoffice.

Putting "experimental" instead of "unstable" in my normal sources.list
did not give it to me (in fact it upgraded none of my many packages --
not just ooo).

Putting one of the mirrors they give does not do it either.

Does anyone have ooo 1.1.4 running from apt-get?