[nmglug] Minimalistic Kernel

Karl Hegbloom karlheg at laclinux.com
Fri Oct 7 09:06:32 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 10:44 -0600, Andres Paglayan wrote:
> >By commiting, do you mean flushing to disk ? I think there is a
> >parameter for that . Look in the /proc directory or its
> >subdirectories. I forget what that parameter is. :(
> >

> Yeah, when the machine boots you can see that journaling is saying
> something such as setting commit interval = 5 seconds,
> I wonder how to change it, and how long can be the maximum.

The 'laptop-mode' script messes with that when you have remounting of
file systems enabled.  It increases the commit interval to avoid
spinning up the hard drive.  You could look in there to see what it
does, and google for it to read the discussions concerning it.

--
Karl Hegbloom <karlheg at laclinux.com>
Los Alamos Computers, Technical Support