[nmglug] AP500 Compaq

a_kaluta akaluta at zianet.com
Sat Oct 1 16:12:08 PDT 2005

Dear Club Members;
1.)How do I get a boot prompt on the Ap500.,i686,scsi disks.
F10 brings to a screen with"setup",trying Esc,Space,or Enter does not reveal
a hidden menu nor accept visible keyed input.
seven disks.
entering apt-cdrom ?{I forget what} brings the programs into apt index.
How do I get the install program to recognize the program index from the
disks at setup?

2.)Does not seem to read the one dvd disk with "sarge" on it.
I have a misc. collection of boot disks trying to coax the dvdat best I get
a grub, or lilo prompt but does not accept keyed input, any ideas.

I have the system restore disk pi recommed to scientist Nystrom for
partimage would an items on that disk help.perhaps knoppix-std any help
there or  suggestions otherwise, thanks              Anthony