[nmglug] transcode

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Sun Apr 2 20:48:43 PDT 2006

Thanks Eric,
I tried the AviDemux method but can't get AviDemux to start, some error
about a missing libjs directory. I installed, via synaptic, a libjs0
package but that didn't help. The Varsha portion seems fine and Varsha
launches but without the AviDemux part I can't go anywhere with it. I
spent the day downloading .rpm's for ppc versions and as I said got them
installed.
The transcode method on the link returns an error that I'm missing
ffmpeg plugin but it is installed. Another list, transcode, told me that
the ubuntu package is incorrectly compiled from the error message that I
posted. I downloaded the transcode rpm, converted it to a deb file with
Alien but have not tried installing it as the configuration seems
difficult for someone with my level of skill-not great.
Anyway, thanks for link. Do you go to the meetings at SF baking Co.?
I might one of these days.
Brian