[nmglug] Teaching apache and web server management,

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Wed Apr 5 10:54:44 PDT 2006

Hi Folks,

As an extra thing I love doing,
I teach some tech courses at
UNM CE (That's UNM continuing education) in Albuquerque,
among those, there's one about "Apache and web server management"
I won't be able to teach the one starting on April 24,
Goes for four classes, 4 hours each, like Tue, Thu, Tue, Thu
from 1 to 5. 16 hours total.
It mainly covers installing Debian or Ubuntu from scratch,
(you may change the distro if you want, and can withstand the karma)
Apache compilation, configuration, installation,
and making some other applications run on top of it,
such as PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, and other
stuff such as configuring SSL, users directories,
password protected directories, ldav,
virtual web sites, proxies, installing applications,
security tools, some samba, and many things that apply to
a real world intranet Linux server management,
Most times attendees are already sysadmins with Linux working knowledge
wanting to understand Apache better.
(and they always know about some particular issues more than I do)
Pay is about $60/hour, and it's an excellent opportunity if you like
teaching
and spreading open source.

please contact me by the private email if you are interested,
so I can put you in touch with the UNM office,
(I'll be gone until Monday though)

Andres